Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Back from Blighty

Well, that was a busy few days. I left home to travel to England with the caravan on Wednesday at about 2pm and arrived in Le Havre at 04:30hrs. Managed to grab a couple of hours sleep before boarding the ferry to take me across the channel. There were only 54 people on the ferry so not exactly busy. I got a free cabin so after putting some stuff into it I went to the restaurant to get some breakfast. What a breakfast it was as well, Orange juice, porridge with cream & honey, bacon,egg,tomato,mushrooms,black pudding,hash browns,sausage & baked beans all washed down with lashings of tea and toast and marmalade!!! Pig out or what? The cost for this banquet was eleven pounds! Good value for money I say. From breakfast to bed and a few hours well earned sleep. Up and showered before the next part of the journey up to Worcester to leave the caravan with a very good friend to sell for us. My god! I had forgotten just how bad the traffic is in England. Where we live if we see a dozen cars a day on the road opposite it's a busy day. England is horrendous, although I suppose I would not have noticed it three years ago before we left to France and our new life. Anyway, caravan parked with mate and they had made me a scrumptious dinner so that was nice of them. From there to Birmingham to the lovely Lynda's mums to stay for two nights. Saturday was time to start the journey back with all the things that we had left at mums when we went to France as we couldn't fit them into the caravan! Overnight ferry Portsmouth - Le Havre 160 people onboard this time! Head down after eating dinner then up and off again on my way home. Made it 11.5hrs later, total distance traveled over 5 days about 3,000kms!! Most of it towing a caravan or on the return a trailer! I'm tired, but no rest for the wicked as they say as people are visiting on the 14th Feb for a week and I still have a lot of stuff to finish before then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home