Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Michael Angelo

At last all the boards are in place between the beams in the roof above the stairwell. I have now finished the filling in of the gaps with a plaster mix and after a couple of days crawling on my knees and laying on my back to complete it I take my hat off to Michael Angelo. Just how did he manage to paint the ceilings of those churches? To spend all that time laid on your back balancing on wobbly scaffolding, give that man a posthumous medal he deserves it!

The carpenter is still set to arrive next Tuesday and so far I am on schedule to complete my work ready for him to come in and get straight on with putting in the stairs. That will be a real treat, stairs instead of a builders ladder. I can't wait. The sun has finally put his head out and the temperature is now rising and the last of the snow is melting away so spring might at last be on its way. Time to say farewell to the snowman...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home