Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Monday, February 28, 2005

On the Tiles

Hooray at last I have finished the tiling in the sejour. Well at least I have finished all the whole tiles, I just have to cut the tiles in around the edge of the room then its done. My knees are now square shaped even with the protectors it has been hard work. The end result though is really good. The room looks totally different and much larger as well. The carpenter arrives on the 15th March to put the stairs in so I have finished it well within time. I just have to finish the plasterboarding between the beams above the stairwell then it is all done ready for him to come in and get it all done. He has to lay the beechwood flooring in the bathrooms as well as the chestnut flooring for all the bedrooms so he is going to be very busy. He says that with three of them it will take 4 days. I remain to be convinced, lets just get him here first, always a problem with French workman.

Time for a cup of tea and to sort the fire out as it was a warm -8° last night and its only 13° in the house!!! The snow looks lovely in the sunshine, I really do like living here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home