Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cheering Myself Up

I have finally given up and last night went to see the doctor. That should keep you happy eh R.J? Luscious took me down and after the usual blood pressure thingy and listeningto my chest she pronounced that perhaps i wasn't in the best of health. I now have more medication to take, in fact enough to keep a third world country going, evidently although the worst of the Flu has gone the after effects like the sweating and the sore throat and coughing are not so easy to shift. I have to take 3 tablets in the morning with water, followed by some 1000mgram horse size tablets for something else + 1000mgram horse size tablet of paracetomol. I am not sure if she is trying to kill off the infection or me! On top off all of that i have a cough medicine to take three times a day which is codiene based..no wonder i don't feel much like doing anything but hopefully things will now start to get better. To cheer myself up i dug out this old photo from August 2003 just as we were taking off the old roof to start ripping the house to bits. It makes me feel better knowing just how much things have changed since then.Not least that we are no longer living in a caravan! i crawl back to my bed....
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 10:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    'Bout bloody time! Hope you're fit again soon.

     
  • At 11:16 am, Blogger Ally said…

    Hope you feel better soon. I am finding mulled elderberry wine VERY good for my cold symptoms.

    *surrepticiously passes ladle-full, hoping it won't interfere with the tablets*

     
  • At 12:16 pm, Blogger the peasant said…

    Cheers rj.

    ally; bugger the tablets mulled wine preferred medicine thank you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home