Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sunny Day

The sun is out the sky is blue and I'm stuck inside working. I had hoped to have today off as the carpenter wasn't coming until Tuesday and I was all ready for him, everything on schedule that is until Thursday when we had a telephone call from him. Is it ok to arrive at 8am Monday? MONDAY arrrgh help, I couldn't really say no as we have been waiting for him to come for 5 months now and you know how temperamental some French workers can be. If I said no then maybe he would come Tuesday but not finish anything as he only has a week so maybe the extra day could be a good thing. So with a smile in our voices we say; "of course its ok, not a problem see you Monday" put the phone down and then panic. I have to finish the plastering a day earlier and seal under the doors where the new floor is going as I can't get to them once the floor is down! On top of that the boiler has decided to play up again and is depositing fluid all over the cellar floor because a radiator has sprung a leak. That plumber is dead if I see him again.

At least I can have a cup of tea and a slice of cake in the sun later as a reward and can listen to the Welsh/Scottish rugby match on the internet so life isn't all bad.

toodle pip

1 Comments:

  • At 5:56 am, Blogger Kate said…

    Ha! That's really funny. I like the way you bring out the natural comedy of things that happen to all of us. I can almost see your furious expression at the plumber's incompetence.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home