Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Spluttering and Coughing

Well we made it to the guy who sells the marble and guess what? Of course , we saw a piece that we really liked that just happened to be bloody expensive, 350euro's to be exact! That's for a piece 120cm long by 60cm wide!!!!!!! That's one reason I was spluttering. I suppose we could have just plain white or rose colour but now we have seen this gold/brown it would always seem to be a second choice. As with everything here we can have it in 15days, everything you order will be 15 days here. That's not to say that it will take 15 days, it may well be earlier but then again it could take longer. The 15 days just gives them something to say to you that doesn't sound to bad!!

We have also hired a machine to clean the floorboards to try and cut down the length of time that it is taking to do. Guests now arrive on Friday so I am really going to need the extra day to get the sanding finished today and the first and maybe second coats of varnish down. If I can do that tomorrow then we should be ok as I need 24hrs for it to dry properly before you can walk on it. Looks like the floor might be ready with literally hours to spare........

The dust is horrendous even with a bag on the machine, it is pouring with rain but I have to have the doors and windows open else I wouldn't be able to see anything. I am covered in a reddish coloured dust from the wood! So lots of cleaning up to be done as well before Friday.

Off I go again then........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home