Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Walls OK!

You will be pleased to know that after my deliberations of yesterday that the wall is ok! or maybe you just don't care, anyway it matters to me as it means I don't have to clean the stones off again after all. They have dried out a little darker than they used to be but luscious pronounced them ok so that will do for me. The bathroom shelf I made from reclaimed chestnut flooring has also passed muster so all in all a good day yesterday.

Today we wanted to go and by some marble for one of the bathrooms to use as a washbasin holder and dresser surface. We rang the man up and in true French style when asked what time he closed this afternoon he wanted to know what time we would be going. On being told about 4pm he said that would be ok he would wait!!!!! (he actually should close at 6!!) Typically French eh? We also had to ring the estate agent on behalf of some English friends who are interested in buying in the region. We got the assistant who said that Madame would not start her day until 10am. Another example of how to be French. I used to get frustrated about it when we first arrived but now its a case of ahh well can't beat them so join them.

So back to work I go, varnishing today so perhaps I finish at 3pm to go to the marbier if he decides to stay open!

I'll let you know!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:55 am, Blogger R J Adams said…

    How very different from America. My wife starts at 7am, works usually till 5pm or 5.30, with half an hour for lunch, and is often expected to work overtime on Saturdays! And she has a 'good' job, working for the government. That's America - home of the knackered; land of the stressed.
    You made a good choice - enjoy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home