Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Monday, March 28, 2005

Stoned

Ha not that sort of stoned, well I don't think so anyway. Perhaps you budding chemists out there can tell me, can you get high from inhaling the fumes from a mixture of turpentine and linseed oil? If so then maybe I am! This morning I have been using a mix of the above to seal the exposed stones in the wall between the bedroom and bathroom and despite the doors and windows being open (it's a lovely sunny day) the smell has permeated through the whole of the house. It has taken me the best part of two hours to do and now that it is finished I'm not sure that I really like the finished result! Maybe the oil will soak in a little more and dry a little lighter but at the minute it makes the stones look really dark and stand out far to much for my liking.
I suppose if it doesn't lighten up I will have to live with it or clean the stones back again......... Not sure that I want to do that all over again. Luscious gets back later this afternoon so I suppose I will wait and see what her view is. If she doesn't like it, then it comes off!!!!!!!

This afternoon is going to be spent making chestnut window shelves for the bathroom and bedroom.

Enjoy your Easter eggs, just got the 'cadburys' flake egg to eat now....... yummy

toodle pip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home