Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Monday, March 14, 2005

Stairway to Heaven

He's here! The carpenter and two assistants arrived this morning and they have the rest of the staircase with them and they have decided to fit it first! Hooray, I might have a staircase in place by the end of the day, I can't wait it will make so much difference to the look of the room. I will take some pictures for the records and if it is finished by the end of today will have a little celebration drink. I name these stairs and may all who use them use them safely!!

They also brought the beech flooring for the bathrooms which I hope they will start tomorrow all being well with the stairs of course. Other news, the cat caught another mouse today and tried to bring it into the house. I was just a little faster than her and she ate it outside the front door to the amusement of the workers. The boiler is still being temperamental but I have the solar working and the hot water is HOT (68°c) the sun is shining so I am going to eat my lunch in the sun on the terrace. Well it will be a terrace when I have finished it. At the moment it is just a sort of level pile of stones but it is in the sun!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How about some pictures of that staircase - you've got me curious :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home