Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Monday, May 02, 2005

Up with the Gods

Another day of sunshine, we are to get another horse!!! He arrives next Sunday so that will give us 8 to exercise so lots of riding in the evenings to come. Have worked out some routes that will take us from café/bar to café/bar and return. You get the general idea by now.
Until then I am at the moment back to perching on planks of wood placed across beams 25' in the air so that I can finish painting the ceiling above the stairs in a lovely crisp clean white. Having now finished that part it is time to seal the stone wall with a mix of linseed oil and turpentine.....smelly! After that it is painting of walls, the colour of course is going to be Magnolia!!!! I just sort of knew that that would be the colour, I did proffer an argument against and suggest alternative colours but to no avail. Perhaps my choice of colours is slighty off the wall as I happen to be a little colour blind! The choices I thought were ok met with a definite NO WAY from luscious but that's the way it is so I had better go and prepare the walls ready for the magnolia onslaught. Perhaps if I mix it with a different shade she wouldn't notice? I'm not that brave.........or stupid!!! toodle pip

2 Comments:

  • At 8:04 am, Blogger Minkey girl said…

    I love horses!! Are you planning to give rides to tourists or something like that?

     
  • At 6:51 pm, Blogger R J Adams said…

    After all that riding you may be too sore for work. I do hope you're wearing your horsey 'Thelwell' hard hat while balancing precariously on those planks 25' above the stone floor?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home