Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Sun Has Got His Hat On

After the crappy weather of Sunday which concluded with a massive thunder and lightning show which blew the phone apart as the lightning somehow tracked down the telephone wires we have the sunshine. It is absolutely gorgeous, yesterday was 40° in direct sun and 21° in the shade and today has already got off to a flying start. Yesterday I finished undercoating the ceiling above the stairs and the walls as well so now we just need to choose which colour goes on the walls! I like a sunny sort of colour but... Luscious would prefer Magnolia! Now, magnolia is fine I suppose except I hate it! My father used to be in the RAF and all the married quarters were painted in.... Magnolia...... I was in the army in a previous life (previous wife) and the married quarters were painted...... BLOODY MAGNOLIA!!!!!! I will have any colour on the wall but not magnolia....... Having said that I suppose I will end up painting them magnolia!!!! You know how it is with us men? At least the ceiling will remain white though, all very traditional and it does show up the lovely colour of the wooden beams.

Today I have been outside finishing off taking down the barbed wire fence and putting up the posts for the electric fence to join the two paddocks together ready for the horses. It Is hot out there and this is just a warmer for summer.. Lovely.. So now for a nice cool glass of wine with lunch and a moment of contemplation........ Will magnolia really be that bad?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:12 pm, Blogger R J Adams said…

    It's so good - after reading all those tumultuous, grief-stricken, politically anguished, American blogs - to slip over to France and relax in the warm, calming atmosphere of magnolia, warm sunshine, and good French wine. Hey! That bottle's empty!

    PS Know what you mean about magnolia - but don't tell my missus I said that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home