Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Worms

Not done much so far today. The weather is again crap, have managed to get outside and put two things in the wall to hold the shutters open so that at least when the sun does shine it will brighten up the fireplace end of the lounge. That took over an hour to do as I had to sort out extension leads,ladders and drillbits as you do. Came in to have lunch and was just about to start eating when the cat started to make a strange noise, looking around I was just in time to see her throw up on the floor. Great, just what you need at lunchtime!

Of course being an animal she is not sick in one place but spreads it about a bit. It was bits of food and grass that she had eaten earlier. (normal grass I say, not weed!) So, I left my lunch and cleaned it all up. I had just sat down to start my lunch again when........ barf...She is sick again, not in one place but two or three. This time it is bits of chewed up mouse and......Worms!!!!
marvelous....They are about 8" long, white and flat and alive!!!! Once again I clean it all up, burning the mess on the fire, what a smell. yuk! I rang the vet as we have been giving her worming tablets every month because of the number of mice she catches and eats but they are obviously not strong enough. He asks me to visit him and gives me a syringe of greenish paste with measurements on. I have to work out the weight of the cat and give her so many graduations of paste according to weight!!! What a day. This stuff is guaranteed to kill all known worms etc and is very strong, she has to have it every two weeks for 6 weeks then every month! It aint cheap either! Never mind better that then have her with those nasty wriggly things!

No lunch and now I'm hungry.......

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home