Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Monday, May 09, 2005

Chain Gang

Now I am not so sure that getting to dig out the rock to level the terrace ready for the concrete was such a winner. Although Jean Luc will be coming with his little digger it can't cope with breaking up a bed of rock so I have been doing that part by hand ably assisted by a pick axe and shovel. It is bloody hard going I might say. The terrace is about 20' long by 10' wide and about a third of it needs rock digging out to a depth of about 8"! The sun is up and the temperature is around 30° I am stripped to the waist wearing shorts, safety boots and a kepi to keep the sun off. Now there's a sight to make you laugh. My only crime was to make a mistake with the magnolia paint, does it deserve this kind of penal servitude? I don't think so! M. Peasant I sentence you to ? Days of rock breaking after which you will put some of the broken rock back to make a base for the concrete to be poured over. Remember if you fail in your duty you will be given a pair of concrete boots to be forever stuck like a statue in the terrace. arrghhhh nightmares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home