Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Stay Of Execution

I am still alive, I don't know how or why after the the great magnolia fiasco! You can be sure it is because something else needs doing though and not my charm, wit and humour that won the day. My penance is to go to numerous DIY stores in the company of luscious and look at paint shades to see which one is suitable to overpaint a one and a third wall covering. I can't keep the one complete wall that was painted correctly as the two walls HAVE to be the same colour as "it just wouldn't look right and 'cos I want it the same" said luscious. I am in no position to argue so I accept my fate.
He He, it has been put off for a week as I have to get the terrace dug out! Tonight I have successfully negotiated with our neighbouring farmer that he will come over with his tractor and bucket next week and scrape out the soil thereby saving me 300€ (200 quid!) in hire charges and a lot of hard work! He only wants enough to cover the cost of his diesel. What a bloke eh?
All I have to do is tidy out the edges ready for the footings for the retaining wall. yeeehhaaaaa result! At least that is what I hope I agreed to? Time will tell.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home