Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Hands up it was me!

ERRRR ooops ahhhhh errrrr. Damn, ok it was me! I confess your honour but I didn't mean to do it honest. What have I done? You may well ask. Big cock up but I don't think luscious is going to believe me, there I was resigned to painting the walls MAGNOLIA and getting the brushes and the paint out I began. Now, so far so good except for one tiny problem........ I was never much good at maths and calculating things and the end result now is that I have one and a third walls painted and I have run out of paint!!!!!!! It appears I have more square metres of wall than paint and more wall than I thought. Normally this wouldn't be a great problem you just go down to your local super DIY chainstore and buy another 20 gallons of the stuff except.... You can't buy magnolia paint in France, they just don't do it. I have searched the colour charts and have even taken a small painted sample in to a place that mixes it for you. They can get a shade that's close but it is NOT magnolia! Luscious is never going to believe that it was an accident and I didn't do it deliberately I am doomed.... Please let me have a full English fry up before my execution.......

3 Comments:

  • At 8:15 am, Blogger R J Adams said…

    No magnolia paint in France? I always knew the French had good taste!

     
  • At 10:58 am, Blogger Minkey girl said…

    I would have a cold beer, lol

     
  • At 4:41 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh well...I am sure your execution will be quick...

    So what color is she going to have you paint them next...and I am sure this time she'll make sure you get enough paint.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home