Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Life resumes

I won't say that normal life has been resumed as that would be untrue but we carry on after the loss of "mum" as we have to do. The weather has been stunning, temperatures up in the 50's in the direct sun and 30- 32° in the shade! You don't really feel like doing any work but nobody told the grass to stop growing so i had to get the motor strimmer out and get to work. It is a hell of a way to lose weight. I disturbed no end of crickets and grasshoppers and even surprised a sleeping snake! Not sure who was more surprised me or it. I thought it was dead at first as it didn't shoot away but this was not the case. It was just playing dead, not sure why it didn't leg it when it heard or felt the noise/vibrations. After my initial what the f**k and stepping sharply backwards it legged it. It was only about 3 foot long so not big but big enough. I also had a baby one wriggle between my feet when i was down checking that the water recycling system was still ok. I reckon they are hiding in the reed bed! Wonder how many more have appeared during our 3 week absence! Not sure i want to find out..... i not very keen on snakes, even grass snakes!

So its back to doing some more cutting but perhaps i will make a lot more noise first to try and get them to move out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home