Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

OUCH, sore wallet

Another wonderful day in paradise and as the sun is shining so brightly I decided that I needed to get some retail therapy. Sort of but not really. I needed to go and buy the timber for the shuttering on the terrace and the breeze block thingys to make a small wall as well so with borrowed van off I trundled. Well, you know how it is with boys and their toys? I couldn't resist a large pair of bolt croppers just right for breaking and entering, a sharp chisel set just incase I need to slice a finger or two plus lots of shiny bits for the piping in the house plus some pretty coloured tubing to run the electric cable through in the garden and under the terrace! Grand total for this little outing? 200 quid eekkkk bloody hell!

On top of that little sum I also did the household food shopping for luscious as she is very busy at the moment attending a course 30 miles away. She gave me a list of things that I HAD to get which I may say I got. Yep, I got everything, trouble is a few extras fell in as well like the 85% cocoa chocolate and the large chocolate chip cookies. No idea how they got in! Oh, yes I forgot about the chocolate cream cakes as well. I think you may see a pattern developing here?
In all that added another 100quid errr as well as the 12 bottles of cabernet sauvignon, 2 bottles of Muscat and the lonely bottle of vodka. Not sure what luscious will say but I DID get everything that was on the list..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home