Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Thursday, May 19, 2005

I didn't Get It Wrong

Honestly I DIDN'T!! Jean-Luc has Not turned up with his tractor thingy but it is not down to my poor French, he has been busy on his own farm with the sheep and has to dig out somebody else's land first. All this has taken him a lot longer than he thought it would ( normal for here) and so he hasn't as yet got around to me! That's ok except that I need to have the terrace dug out by tomorrow as I have plans to lay concrete next week so I am back to the chain gang method. This involves a pickaxe,shovel and a wheelbarrow and hard work in the sun! Still, at least the sun is shining so that is I suppose something except perhaps it would be nice if I could turn it down just a little. It is very hot working out the back at the moment but then again that's why the terrace is being constructed where it is so that we can relax in the sun. At least it proves I am digging it out in the right place. I am sweating buckets and I think I must be losing more weight as the day goes on. I keep drinking to replace lost fluid but it just seems to leak out even faster. Perhaps a beer or two tonight when it cools down a bit would be in order, just to replace those carbs that I lost today! Honestly, I don't think I sweated this much when I was running marathons and ultra distance (80 & 100 miles) but then my memory is fading as I grow older........Why DID I run those distances? Perhaps I was evading capture or something or it just felt good when you stopped, like hitting head on brick wall......Bit like working here somedays! TA RA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home