Life in France

A not every day story of normal people trying to live their dream in France starting at the beginning and ending?

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Tree Feller Extraordinaire

I have to say I am feeling really pleased with myself after cutting a tree down yesterday. Simple soul that I am, just because I got it to fall just where I wanted it to go I broke into a big smile!
The tree was already dead and over the last couple of years the weather has dried it out for me as the bark has been stripped off by deer more than likely. It was growing on quite a steep bank and had it fallen down hill I would never have managed to get it dragged up the hill and also it would have crashed through the telephone wires which would have been a tad embarrassing!
I had to get it to fall sort of uphill which meant that the top branches were near the road and would make it easier to drag up the bank. All went to plan so I am a happy bunny. It is now chopped up and in the barn ready to provide another three or four nights burning. Isn't mother nature kind to provide me with free wood? After I have cut another three down in the same area I can replant with some new trees to replace what I have used and so the cycle continues.

tired but happy...........................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home